Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jot it down...

It has always been said, that you never know when inspiration will strike.  That is so true for me.  And, inspiration always seems to strike me when I don't have my trusty Moleskin--at lunch or dinner.  So what do you do?  What many a great architect, artist, or writer would do--grab a napkin.  In fact, I think there is a book out there with images of great works that began on a napkin or drink coaster.  And, there really is something special about drawing on napkins.  I love the way the ink bleeds into the thin paper--art in itself.  
I recently came across an old notebook that had some old "rough" drafts on napkins from past projects--and not so past projects.  Oh, and it seems I do eat at What-a-burger way too much, based on the napkins I found.....


Realization from above napkin drawing
Living area from above napkin drawing

Walnut Box with Cascade Coil screen to separate entry from living area
The working drawing from initial rough idea

Realized table




Production model from above napkin sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment