Wednesday, November 17, 2010

'Tis the Season--well, almost.


Over the past couple of years, I have felt the need to make my own Christmas cards.  So, in trying to come up with a interesting idea for this year, I am looking back to my last two efforts.  


Holiday message printed on light weight acetate.

The exterior of the card was created by taking apart an old book's pages, and then hand stitching the acetate on the inside.  The "grove" of trees was created by stamping with gold ink.

Last years' incarnation--tree stamp with gold ink (again--I liked re-visiting the same theme).  The sleeve was created with heavy brown paper, and attached with strands created by unwinding common twine.  

The message was inserted inside the sleeve and accessible by pulling on the tab attached.


No comments:

Post a Comment